Sunday, December 11, 2011

Read a Riff

This is a poem I created with my own mind. It is a thinking poem, quite mind boggling to some. We all interpret poems differently, but I assure you that this is one that has many people wondering what is really meant by the language of the words. I love it because it makes your mind work hard to think outside the box. Read it, enjoy it, contemplate it, and leave me a comment as to what your mind is saying to YOU.


The Hidden Secrets

In the years of merciful authority,
When our thoughts are blinded by silent anguish
It’s the humble insanity that gets us through
Knowing that one-day our destiny will overcome us
The marbled floors that we call home
Will eventually become dissolved as if they were never there
Our memories soaked in a cloak of remembrance
As the authority once again prevails
In a bleak, relentless world of time





2 comments:

  1. I love the "bleak relentless" line written with the marble corridors. It is a great image. Nice job

    Mr. Dwyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "bleak relentless" line written with the marble corridors. It is a great image. Nice job

    Mr. Dwyer

    ReplyDelete